The last few weeks in our homeschool…
- We just completed week 26. We’ve schooled 130 days and have 50 more to go.
- We are still loving Sonlight and will use it next year and hopefully the next and the next, etc. Sonlight is a homeschooler’s and homeschool mama’s dream!
- The two little boys have recently started joining Joe and I in our Sonlight readings each day. All of them. Even the chapter read alouds. Jesse may wander off after a bit, but Jack is all ears for the entire time. This is wonderful! Makes me so happy!
- Hanna is halfway through her computer course and I like seeing all that she’s learned with different programs.
- Hanna just completed her art course at our local homeschool academy and made some extraordinary things! I plan to share them soon.
- Joe still loves to learn and is never happier than when he has a huge daily workload of school assignments. He’s having a great school year.
- Joe started taking piano in January and has found something he adores and is learning FAST. He loves his sweet teacher, loves lessons and enjoys playing. He practices off and on all day. I love listening to him play. I am impressed and feel that he’s found one of his talents. I’m excited for him.
- Jesse is into everything while we school and is a busy, cuddly, chubby legged, snuggly three year old. His favorite things are puzzles, singing and being read to.
- We made a weather station and it works! Joe spent a week recording the weather each day.
- Jack started to write! On his own! All of a sudden one day he was writing on the dry erase board and Hanna noticed he had written Joe’s name. We all looked and he had! He knew what he’d written and I can’t tell you how proud and excited I was. He wants to learn to read—he informed me of this week before last.
- Firefly Phonics (ordered from Amazon, suggested in Happy Phonics) is the best thing ever! Jack went from knowing only several letters of the alphabet by recognition to knowing all but several in less than two weeks using it! I am starting Happy Phonics with him on Monday along with the ETC books and I cannot wait!!!!
- Joe has learned a lot in Singapore Math…division, multiplication, renaming and carrying and he’s about to start on fractions. Math is still his favorite subject and he learns so quickly.
- Hanna is working hard this year. She is learning a lot in the way of writing—research papers, essays, creative writing, poetry. She’s doing so good and I love seeing her grow.
Here are pictures of all mentioned above. These pictures of Jack writing, doing his Happy Phonics—they make my heart so happy. Jack has grown emotionally, intellectually and in maturity by leaps and bounds the last couple months. To see him doing these things is the best ever! I am so excited to start teaching him how to read and write. What a blessing to know what my kids are learning, how they are learning it and the fact that we are learning together. Some of the days are challenging, but aren’t they for all of us? My homeschooling has nothing to do with my days being hard sometimes. We all have hard days no matter what we are doing. What matters most and what determines our happiness is within our hearts, how we think about what we are doing, our attitudes and our decision to change our mindset from “I have to do”, to “I am blessed to do”. And, I am blessed to homeschool my four healthy, intelligent, creative, sweet, fun children every.single.day.