I began looking for a map set to use in conjunction with our Story of the World studies last Fall. After looking at several, I chose Knowledge Quest Maps, Map Trek Medieval World ebook since we are studying Volume Two, Middle Ages. I have been very pleased with this decision! I wanted a map set that would be a bit more advanced for my 6th grader.
I posted last week about how I am using the Story of the World Integration Guide from Knowledge Quest Maps to weave in their map set and book, What Really Happened During the Middle Ages, for my middle schooler. If you haven’t checked out their integration guide for Story of the World, and you homeschool children of various grade levels, you should! It has turned out to be super helpful for me.
Each Knowledge Quest Map set includes the following:
- A full color teacher's answer map that will help you tremendously.
- An unlabeled student map for your child to color in and label.
- Lesson Plans to help you know what to assign to each of your children at their various grade levels. There are lesson plans included for all 32 outline maps and they are broken down into 3 levels - Level A (grades 1-4), Level B (grades 5-8), and Level C (grades 9-12).
- Grid maps and blank grids to help your kids learn to draw the land masses of the world.
Here is what is included in this Map Trek Medieval World eBook for $14.95:
- 32 Full-color teacher answer maps.
- 28 Blank outline maps for the student.
- 4 Grid maps
- 2 Blank grids (different size grids)
- Instructions for how to use each map.
- Lesson Plans
- Glossary of terms
- 82 total pages
Here is the full list of maps by title:
- World Map (Landforms)
- Byzantine Empire
- Islamic Empire
- Viking Expansion
- Empire of Charlemagne
- The Holy Roman Empire
- African Kingdoms
- Norman Conquests
- The Crusades
- Mongol Empire
- Medieval China
- City Centers of Europe
- Medieval Japan
- 12th Century Europe
- The Black Death
- Hundred Years' War
- Renaissance Italy
- Early Explorers
- Christopher Columbus
- Later Explorers
- Central/South America
- The Powerful Habsburgs
- The Netherlands
- The Reformation
- The Expansion of Sweden
- The Expansion of Russia
- Spanish/Portuguese Empires
- World Map w/ Grid
- Europe Map w/ Grid
- Italy Map w/ Grid
- England Map w/Grid
- S. America Map w/ Grid
Would you like to win an eBook copy of Map Trek Medieval World to enhance your history studies? Terri, at Knowledge Quest Maps, has agreed to give one of my readers an ebook of this product, valued at $14.95.
- Leave a comment telling me what history curriculum you will be using this map set with.
- Subscribe via email and/or RSS
- Follow me on Twitter @OurHschoolFun
- Follow me via Google Friends Widget over there in my sidebar
- Already a follower through one of the options mentioned above? Give yourself one extra entry for each way you already follow.
Please leave a separate comment for each entry, and an email address with at least one.
Giveaway begins today, and ends 2/23/11, @ midnight Eastern time.